Monday, July 12, 2010

NORO Scarf


The NORO Scarf (a.k.a. The real and maybe only reason I started to knit)

Cast on 39 stitches. Janice taught me to do a long-tailed cast on. The only problem was the stitches ended up at the wrong end of the needle. After slipping all the stitches to the other needed, we were good to go.
Knit 1 Purl 1 back and forth and back and forth. I also slipped the stitch before starting each row. It was so much fun using this wool. The variegated wool makes such a neat pattern, watching stripes develop is pretty fun.
After 2 rows, I switched to the other ball of yarn. I just brought the yarn up the side. It is pretty interesting how bringing the yarn up the side actually works. I was a bit confused about slipping purl wise- but it actually worked.
Janice told me that I needed to use up all the yarn in the 4 balls, but she stopped about 6 inches before I did. But- I love the scarf and I love the wool.
Wool Used:
NORO Silk Garden 284 x 2, 292 x 1, 272 x 1
Needles: 4.5mm bamboo needles

Started: December 22, 2008
Finished: December 31, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment