Sunday, January 30, 2011

Boot Toppers



Over Christmas I went to Shall We Knit to do some stocking up on my wool stash. I love heading to Shall we Knit because it means my mom has the kids and I can spend a little time browsing wool and patterns instead of feeling rushed to get home. Janice had sent me a pattern for these boot toppers and I knew I had to make them. I wear lots of skirts and in the winter my legs can get cold on yard duty.

I used 3.75 mm needles and Ultra Alpaca Fine wool- lovely slippery wool. I found it a bit frustrating to work with at first. I found myself dropping stitches which I don't do a lot, but with this wool I seemed to do it a lot. The wool was so slippery that it would unravel a few stitches down. I realized after that I should have bought sports weight not fine- however- I'm loving these toppers. Here they are on my own two legs (photo taken by Alec)

No comments:

Post a Comment